A Thematic Approach to Our Nation's Story for AP* U.S. History
Order a class set (10 or more) of the Student Edition, and receive the Teacher's Companion Resource for FREE!
The Teacher's Companion Resources (formerly called the Teacher Edition) of , 2nd Ed. provides educators with additional resources that both extend and support lessons from the student edition. Please note that the TE contains additional resources and does not contain the content found in the Student Edition. If you do not already own the Student Edition, please consider purchasing the discounted Threads of History SE/TE combo.
Order a class set (10 or more) of the Student Edition, and receive the Teacher Edition FREE!
The Teacher's Companion Resource
The Teacher's Companion Resource of Threads of History contains additional resources to enhance and extend the activities found in the Student Edition, including:
- 10 detailed Lesson Plans, based on topics/themes introduced in 10 of the Review Activities, guide you to use Threads to its full potential; designed to be completed in a 50-minute class period
- Distribution Charts to help you integrate Threads into your existing curriculum and design custom quizzes and assignments
- Complete answers and explanations for the Source Activities
- Suggested responses for the 17 Long Essay Questions and 3 Document-Based Questions
- Rubrics and rubric helpers that the author has presented in workshops across the country
Each Teacher's Companion Resource for Threads of History includes a unique ID code to access the Teacher's Companion Website. The site is a simple and intuitive repository of additional resources to enhance the Threads of History program, including:
- 17 Long Essay Questions in the new exam format ready and permissible to print
- 3 original Document-Based Questions ready and permissible to print
- H.I.P.P.O. DBQ Planning Worksheet
- A Multiple-Choice Test Bank that includes over 150 review questions that you can use to assemble custom quizzes and tests, with detailed answer analysis for EVERY question
- Core Chart Worksheets for building students’ synthesis and summarization skills
- Printable worksheets and answer sheets designed to simulate the exam format
- A Forum where teachers can share their questions and ideas about Threads or post questions for the author
More resources will continue to be added as they become available.
The Student Edition
The SE consists of 35 core lessons, each focusing on a major topic or theme in the AP* U.S. History curriculum. Each lesson contains:
- An Introduction to establish historical context for the topic/theme
- Data Charts that help students synthesize historical data on the topic/theme of the lesson
- Multiple-Choice Questions to test comprehension of the data chart
- Primary Source Documents, including document excerpts, maps, political cartoons, and photographs, that correspond to the topic/theme
- Multiple-Choice and Short-Answer Questions about the primary source (in the new exam format) to develop analysis and evaluation skills
About the Author
Michael Henry, Ph.D., served as the Exam Leader at the AP U.S. History exam reading in Louisville for 8 years, in addition to his many years as Reader and Table Leader. Dr. Henry taught AP U.S. History for over twenty years in Prince George’s County, Maryland, and has written 4 books, 6 teacher’s guides, and twenty articles.He has given dozens of professional presentations and workshops across the country and has served as a consultant to the College Board. Currently, he is serving as adjunct professor of history at Prince George’s Community College and is a member of the Organization of American Historians. He lives in College Park, MD with his wife Ann and is a die-hard fan of the Washington Nationals.